Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What I believe...

I believe that a piece of chocolate a day is good for you.

I believe that sunshine can make you happy.

I believe that fresh flowers brighten up a room, that snuggling raises endorphins, and that laughter truly is the best medicine.

I believe in dancing in the rain, jumping in puddles, and then taking a warm bath afterward.

I believe that a smile can alter someone's day, that a heartfelt thanks or heartfelt apology can protect a friendship, and that a hug can cure most minor ailments.

I believe in putting your best foot forward, acting with integrity, and treating others with the respect you wish to be afforded.

I believe that music can lift your mood, that the ocean is powerfully mighty, and that living honorably means living honestly.

I believe that good food can nourish your soul, as well as your body, and that a meal shared with friends can taste better than that same meal taken alone.

I believe you should let the people close to you know how you feel about them, and that you should do this often.

I believe that water is incredibly soothing, fire is mesmerizing and that success is determined more from the quality of your relationships than the quantity of your possessions.

I believe that home is your sanctuary, that high thread count can mean a better night's sleep, and that with great risk comes great reward.

I believe in leaving this world a better place than you found it, and that small changes can make a large difference.

But mostly, I believe in love.

2 comments:

Boxy Brown said...

This poem makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
I do love the warm and fuzzy.

Fruit Nut said...

extra fuzzy