Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I might...

I used to write poems quite often and then sometime around May, I was unable to write. This one came into my head the other night when I was SUPPOSED to be sleeping so I wrote it down to get it out of my head so that I COULD sleep. And now I'm sharing it with you.

I might


I might drive too fast. I might sing off key. I might eat too much sugar and stay up too late and dance around my living room to music that's turned up too loud. I might choose a yoga class to recenter myself over drinks with friends. I might love working out more for how alive it makes me feel than to fit into a certain dress size. I might be a really good cook but eat cereal for dinner. I might use coffee grounds to fertilize my roses. I might love frolicking in the ocean waves, even when the water is only 50 degrees. I might grow rosemary really well but have a black thumb when it comes to basil. But I might buy basil plants anyway. I might dance with joy every day for two weeks and then need a day to myself to rejuvenate. I might buy flowers for random people, just to thank them for doing a thankless job. I might spend too much on high heel shoes and organic farmer's market produce. I might wrote poems for a birthday, or no reason at all. I might horde the crossword puzzle on Sundays and jump in mud puddles and drink hot cocoa with 11 mini marshmallows in it. I might twirl around until I collapse with joy and dizziness, and I might cry at happy movies.

I might love too deeply and live too honestly and give too much to my favorite people.

But I am blissfully happy.

No comments: